Friday, July 5, 2013

Apple Walnut dipped in Caramel Cookies



Here is a sweet treat I did a while back. What I don't get is I HATE baked Apples or even just Apples, but I sure do make a lot of stuff with them. Good thing is it keeps me from eating them. According to the family these were addicting.

I only took the one picture, but here is the recipe.

  • Here you go. Don't freak out it seems like a lot, but it only took me about an hour and that included cleaning up the mess.
    Filling
    1/3 cup chopped unpeeled apples
    1/3 cup evaporated milk
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/3 cup chopped walnuts (or whatever you like)

    Put that in a saucepan and cook and stir. It will start to thickening up.
    While this is cooking I started making the dough


    Dough:
    1/2 cup butter (softened)
    1/4 cup powdered sugar
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla (I didn't measure it but it looked to be about that much)
    1/4 tsp salt (I didn't measure it but it looked to be about that much)
    2 cups flour
    Mix the sugars and butter first. It will get fluffy. Don't forget to stir the filling.

    Beat in the egg and vanilla. Then combine the flour and salt. I added the flour slowly to make sure I got it mixed.
    The filling should be done now. Remove from heat and let it cool.
    Take the dough and start rolling balls I did mine at about 2 inches or so. Once rolled the filling should be cooled off.
    To fill the cookies flatten out the ball and place some of the filling in the middle then fold the dough over and reshape into the ball. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 12-15 min. I actually baked mine for 15 min.
    I cleaned up that mess while the cookies were baking.
    After the cookies are done I started on the caramel while they cooled.
    Caramel Dip
    14 oz package of caramels.
    2/3 cup evaporated milk
    Heat over low heat until melted. Then dip your cookies and place on a wire rack so excess drips off.
    Enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment