Friday, July 5, 2013

DIY Dog Food Can


I haven't posted anything in awhile. Been busy with work and getting ready for one of the Lil Laroux's to turn  the big 3. I decided to post a DIY project I did back before I had the blog.

We have all seen these expensive fancy dog food cans. $54.00 ouch.
Bon Chien Food Canisters

Here is how I did mine for the price of a popcorn tin and a few odds and ends. Total was about $10.00.

It is Christmas time, all the family is around munching on the 3 different flavored popcorn. What to do with that popcorn tin? My Mom supplied this one for me to play with.



Granted my stenciling work isn't that pretty, but all I need is more practice and worse case I could buy some of the self adhesive letters from the scrap book section.

I spray painted the lid and the tin a manly dark blue. I found a paw print stamp at Hobby Lobby for $2.00. Don't forget the 40% off coupon. They also had this cute ribbon which I glued around the rim of the lid. I always have paint here at the house. I have a shelf in the garage that looks like the paint section at Lowe's.

I took the letter stencil and wrote dog food on one side. Again the stenciling needs work, but I was happy with my first go at it.


My finished version. Hope it gives you some ideas and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment