Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Stylish Jars




This is one of the earlier projects I did. I did not take a lot of pictures in the making of these jars. I did go a little jar crazy. Dumping pickles and olives in a Tupperware just so I could I use the jar. Calling on friends and family to give me their jars. I ended up with 5 total that I actually used.

I see on Pinterest blogs making these jars using old toys. I might have to try that for the kids.

Here was my first go. A peanut butter and jelly jar. Yes, my purse is in the photo didn't know I would have a blog someday. I might have rushed right out to buy a knob from Lowe's and was just so excited snapped a photo.


I let the jar soak in hot sudsy water to help remove the label and sticky glue. Next I spray painted the lid. I chose oil rubbed bronze since that is what we are redoing our bathroom in.

I used a primer and then spray paint on the first lid, but it turned out very bumpy. For the rest I just spray painted and skipped the primer. The result was much better as the lids were very smooth.

I went to Lowe's and picked out an inexpensive cabinet knob I think the cost was $1.99 for each of the knobs. I had my husband put the knob on since he had to trim down the screw. I don't know what he used or how he did it, but the end product looks great in my bathroom.


Hope it gives you an idea. Enjoy and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment