Friday, June 7, 2013

Graduation Cupcakes


This is my second batch of these cupcakes. One was for my younger sister's High School Graduation party and the other was for Abigail's 1st grade graduation.



















It is my hot mamma cake recipe minus the cayenne pepper. Then some store bought goodies for affect.
Grease a mini muffin pan and pre-heat oven to 375. Do not use cupcake liners.

2 Cups water
1 cup Cocoa powder

Place 2 cups water in a pot and right before it starts to boil I add the 1 cup cocoa powder. I make sure the cocoa powder is dissolving by mashing the clumps up against the side of the pot. Bring to a boil and set aside.


While I am boiling the cocoa I start creaming the sugar.

1 cup butter (2 sticks)
2 1/4 cup sugar

Place 2 sticks of room temp butter and the sugar in a large mixing bowl. I put the mixer on level 3 and let it do its thing. The butter and sugar will like this.


Leaving the mixer going I added the following.
4 eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour

When the above is well mixed and creamy I add the cocoa mixture. I had to turn off the mixer a few times just to make sure the 2 mixed really well.

Then fill your greased mini muffin pan. This recipe will make at least 48 mini- muffins. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. When finished baking set aside to cool. After the pans can be touched very gently remove the cupcakes from the pan. Hopefully they didn't stick.

Once the cupcakes have cooled completely. You will need to slice the tops off, so the cupcake will lay flat when turned upside down.


















Now comes the fun part. DECORATING.
1 can chocolate frosting
large fudge graham cracker cookies (I bought 4 pkgs but whatever you need)
1 bag of spaghetti gummies
mini M&M's

For time sake I bought a can of chocolate frosting. Using a large spoon I frosted the top and put it on rather thick, since this is the glue that will hold the cookie on. Place one cookie on the top. After that I used the end of a chopstick and placed a mini m&m in the center. Then I added another little dollop and placed the spaghetti gummy in it.

Now what to do with all the tops I cut off. I know WHOOPIE PIES.

Enjoy and Have Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment