Thursday, June 20, 2013

Elmo Birthday Party








This party is what started me on my baking adventure and getting me into the DIY crafty things. This was Hailey's 2nd birthday and I started seeing all the different cake pops out there. I thought why can't I do that, so I gave it a go.

The cake pops were not as easy as they looked. I started off on bakerella's web site and used her basic cake pop recipe. Which was any flavor boxed cake mix you wanted.  It took quite a few attempts to make what I thought was a simple Elmo cake pop.

Elmo beheaded.

After several attempts. Tada success.


I even got my husband into the madness. Make me a sesame street sign. He finished it the morning of the party.


All things Elmo. The fruit tray which is just strawberries, blueberries, oranges, and cream cheese dip. I also added mason jars with the goldfish crackers in them.


The cake. My sister n law is a trained pastry chef and the cake is her doing. 


Everything turned out great. From the DIY pom poms to the trashcan punch. My tribute to Oscar the grouch. Basically Hi-C with slices of oranges and limes in it.

Hope it gives you some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment