Friday, June 7, 2013

Cupcake Topper Whoopie Pies




To make the filling you need the following:
1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
1 - 8oz package cream cheese
1 - 1LB box of powdered sugar - or 2 cups.
1 tsp vanilla

Mix the softened butter, cream cheese, and vanilla.


After it is mixed I added the powdered sugar. Slowly a little at a time. I stopped a couple of times to scrap the sides and the bottom of the mixing bowl.

I added a little bit of blue coloring, since that is now Abigail's new favorite color.

I then spooned the mixture into a sandwich bag and snipped a corner off. I have to say that the tops were very sticky, so I dusted the foil with powdered sugar.

I then piped the filling on one side and found a matching size to sandwich. I have to admit these were not very pretty. After I completed I placed in the fridge for a while. We went to dinner, so at least 2 hours. 
When I came back I took them out and re-dusted with powdered sugar. Still don't think they are very pretty, but they are tasty. I dusted them using a flour sifter, but a shaker would work too.

Enjoy and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment