Saturday, July 6, 2013

DIY Kids Mud Room Bench

 Continuing on with my bench craze.


Okay, so I found this little beauty at a garage sale for $1.50. Not so pretty you say. Well a little paint and a little love and you will be surprised.


My children constantly walk in and throw their backpacks and shoes right in front of the front door. My solution is we need some sort of storage or mud room.

Well since an actual mud room is out of the question storage it is.

I hung that pretty rack right above this soon to be pretty storage solution. Perfect height for the children.

I took these shelves and spray painted them brown. Then I took some padding. Hobby lobby has them for $4 each. Don't forget the 40% off coupon. I bought 2 and cut to size. Next I took some left over fabric and glued it to the padding. Yes, this is left over material from the fabric bin. After that I glued the padding that was all ready attached to the fabric to the top of the shelf.


Perfect for those little shoes that can't find their way.



With the hooks above. Now they put their shoes up.
Total cost was about $13.50 and that included a bottle of brown spray paint. The material was scrap, so I did not include in my total.

Hope this gives you an idea and have fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment