Monday, January 27, 2014

DIY Desktop Storage Organizer


I started my spring cleaning early. I am organizing and trimming down everything. This is my youngest craft table. It always looks like this (always). I try to stack the books nice and neat. Gave her little pails to keep crayons in and a metal lunch box to hide things away. Well I was tired of it looking like this. I had bought me a couple of the file organizer for the kitchen (keeping all the recipes organized), but they are about $10 a piece at Target and don't really have any kid prints. http://www.target.com/p/nate-berkus-desktop-storage-unit/-/A-14455816#prodSlot=medium_1_51


Well why can't I make one from one of the cereal boxes I am throwing away. I had just got the black ones from a garage sale (2 for $3), so I used it has my guide. Then I went through my scrap book paper till I found something cute. Perfect paint splatter!!!! It took 2 sheets. I basically laid the first sheet on one side and glued it down. Then I cut it to match the shape. Repeated on the flip side.


TADAAA!!! So much better. Hailey keeps her books in it and the table has stayed nice and clean.



Hope this gives you some ideas and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment