Sunday, January 12, 2014

Minnie Mouse Party - Updated

Here is Hailey's 3rd Birthday Party. 6 Months later she is still talking about this party. This child loves Minnie Mouse and talked about doing a Minnie Mouse Party for months and invited everyone she ran into.

I ordered custom invitations from ekwebdesigns. This was truly the easiest way to do it. Then the birthday girl informs you No, not red I want purple. Okay fine how about both? You will see I added little splashes of purple here and there.


For outside I made these cute little Minnie/Mickey signs. I bought three skinny dowel rods from Lowes. Hobby Lobby had these wooden circle ornaments on sale. The small ones were 3 for $1 and the big ones were 2 for $1. I also got the wooden number 3. I spray painted the dowel rolds red and the circles black. I then hot glued the small circles to the big circle to make it look like ears. Then I hot glued the big circle to the dowel rod. The bow is an extra one I made after making the Minnie Mouse ears. I then spray painted the number 3 and put birthday hat sticker on the top. The day of the party I put a flower pot stuffed with tissue paper and balloons in the front yard. No picture, but it was cute. The one problem I had is that here in Texas July gets very hot and towards the end of the afternoon the heat had melted the hot glue and the pieces started falling off. It did last most of the day.



I found this great tutorial for DIY Minnie Ears. http://www.ahappymum.com/2011/11/kids-favourite-how-to-make-mickeyminnie.html
I actually used hot glue. I made two different kinds of bows. Purple and a red and white polka dot bow. The ears were really cute. 

For the party favor bags I couldn't find inexpensive polka dot ones, so I made them myself. A red paper bag from Hobby Lobby. I all ready had white paint. I took a wine cork and dipped it in the white paint and then went polka dot crazy on the bags. I filled the bags with bubbles, stickers, and lollipops.






I enlisted my husbands help with one of the games. He made a bean bag toss board. I made the ring toss with a big block of Styrofoam wrapped in red and white polka dot paper. For the rings I used plastic bracelets.


The birthday girl using the beanbag toss.

I filled a big tub with water and added sponge balls, water guns, and other squirt toys for the kids. It is July in Texas so it is hot just a little fun to cool off with.



Now time for the FOOD. I had a lot of fun with this party. Except for the bow cookies.UGH

I used a butterfly cookie cutter to cut the cookies out.  These suckers were harder than they looked. Just some shots of the not so successful. My drawing was easy enough, so didn't think it would be that difficult, but me and the piping bag didn't get a long.


Somewhat Success



The drink is Sobe Pina colda on the bottom and Ocean spray cranberry in the middle and the top is Gatorade red. I purchased the plastic milk containers from Kara's Party supply. I filled a bowl with red suckers, large red bubble gum balls, and small white bubble gum balls.
I should have gotten a close up of the Mickey and Minnie cake pops. I made my normal cake pops. For the ears I bought some of the mini oreo's and took them apart. I placed a wafer on each side to resemble ears. Then I dipped them in chocolate. For the Minnie cake pops I found these mini red hearts when you put the points together it looks like a bow, so I attached it to one of the ears. For the Mickey I left it blank. I also have bow-tie pasta and cheese puffs. I also made a fruit salad not shown, it was gone in a flash. I chopped up strawberries and added miniature marshmallows to it. I then added a little bit of sprite and stirred it up. It looked like polka dots in a bowl.
Now for the cake. My sister-n-law is a trained pastry chef, so she helped me out with the cake. Looks like an ordinary cake, but the flavor was cotton-candy. How cool is that? Everyone was surprised when they took a bite.



Not to over the top, and everyone had a great time. Just a relaxing day eating goodies and hanging with friends.


Hope this gives you some ideas and have fun...



No comments:

Post a Comment