Friday, January 10, 2014

Pop Star Party

Oh goodness it has been a while. Busy isn't even the word. Finally, finished this season of cheer with a trip to Nationals. Abigail's team placed 9th out of 15, so not to shabby for their first time. I told her there is always next year to show them. I made it through the holidays (barely) and after 22 years left the one company that I grew up at to start a new job. Just completed my 1st week. I'm exhausted!!!!

I starting planning Abigail's 8th birthday party (can't believe it) and realized I haven't posted last years party, so here it is. We did a Pop Star Party. I hired Pop Star Parties and they took care of the music, accessories, and the concert posters. Everyone had a great time. Especially me, I had way too much fun. It took me about 2 - 3 months to get all of this together, but it was worth it. Abigail threw me a couple of curve balls and with diving catches I RULED!!!!! 

The colors were zebra stripe and hot pink and everything was rock star themed.

It all starts with the invitation. I was at Hobby Lobby (they should give me my own parking space) and I saw these. Why not? One less thing I have to do.




Here is curve ball #1. "Mom can you make me a party dress? I designed this myself." How do you say no? The finished product doesn't really look anything like Abby's design, but I did what I could. Funny thing she didn't wear it at the party. Not 100% convinced she really liked it until she told me she wanted to wear it at this years party. OKAY!



I made these really cute backstage passes lanyards. You can see them hanging from the girls necks. I know I took a picture, but can't seem to find it at this time, so I will have to add a picture later. It was basically card stock and washi tape. 


The backdrop and equipment belong to Pop Star Parties.





The lovely ladies from Pop Star Parties. Rehearsing with the girls.


 After they are all glammed up. Accessories by Pop Star Parties.

 More rehearsal. The girls made their own concert posters. Courtesy of Pop Star Parties.


Now for my part.
I made a backstage sign for the front yard using a dowel rod, a scrap piece of wood cut into an arrow, and zebra striped duct tape. My husband cut the piece of wood into an arrow shape and painted with chalkboard paint. I added the pink fur (hobby lobby). He attached the duct tape wrapped dowel rod to the back of the arrow with a screw. I placed tissue paper around the bottom of the dowel rod and stuck it in the ground.


For the entrance I got a red plastic tablecloth from Dollar Tree and added some star decor (also from dollar tree).

 Think outside the candy bowl. I found these candle holders at Ross a set of 3 for $10. I put giant gumballs, sixlets, and ring pops in them.

I used my crock-pot insert to hold drinks. I printed the labels from Avery. I covered the original label with zebra striped duct tape and added the Avery label in the center. Your choice Rock 'N Rolla Cola, Orange Pop, (taking you to the 80's) Poison Root Beer.



 The food. I did guitar picks (kettle chips) and Elvis roll ups. The roll ups were wheat tortillas with peanut butter and banana drizzled with honey. I also did a ham and cheese roll up (just in case).

My candy bowls surrounded by cake pops. Swirled cake pops were my take on a microphone and glitter ball cake pops. We also had pop rocks and pop corn. I set up a mirror tray with the party favors glow in the dark lip gloss and nail polish, tattoos and pins. The girls took what they wanted.

The craft table.





The cake. No picture the 2nd curve ball it was a Justin Bieber edible image cake from HEB.
 The girls had such a good time. They keep asking me to do it again every time I see them!!!!!!!!

Hope this gives you some ideas. Have Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment