Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dr. Seuss' Birthday

Abigail's first grade class did a little party for Dr. Seuss' birthday last year. My inspiration: The Lorax, Green Eggs and Ham, and Horton Hears a Who. The truffla trees are made of the foam insulation tubing you can get at Lowe's. I am sure Home Depot has it too, but Lowe's is closer. I cut the tubes to different sizes. The orange is duct tape. I cut the tissue pom-poms with points versus the round edges I usually do. Fluffed them out and hot glued the pom-pom to the top of the foam tube. Cute.




The green eggs and ham. Simple really. Two pretzel sticks with a white candy melt in the center. Then a green M&M. The hardest part was getting them to stay together on the cookie sheet while I was moving them to the oven. The pretzels like to roll. I baked them for about 5 - 10 minutes. Just enough to mold it together.



Horton Hears a Who. It's a clover with a spec. This was by far the simplest cake pop I have made. My basic cake pop recipe. I used bright pink candy melts and dipped the cake pop. Then I added a candy pearl to represent the spec. 



The truffla tress hung in the classroom. Welcome to Whoville. The kids really enjoyed the decorations and the snacks. This was such a hit that the first grade teachers asked me to do it again this year. FUN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment